It's me

My photo
Salem, Massachusetts, United States
Just the talkings of a girl trying to figure out life and understanding it by looking through different lenses.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

New Life

My goodness it has been a very long time since I wrote an entry. It is hard to write when I don't have a working computer. Mine has basically been dead since April and I don't really have the extra funds to purchase a new one. In addition, many different items have happened in my life since I last posted on here.

One, I have a new job (thank God), I now work at a wonderful company in Lynn, MA working with adults with developmental disabilities. I love my job, I feel like I am helping out those who need love and respect by all people. They are a population that is often forgotten and treated poorly in this society. I am still not sure what I am supposed to do as a career, but I know that God has put me here for a reason. I don't plan on leaving for a while. I feel so blessed.

Two, I have moved (yet again) to Salem, MA. It is going really well and I am living with great friends from college. There are four of us, and we all have our own room. We have the most comfortable couches we got for free, and two cats that belong to my roommate. The cats are very cute, have huge personalities, and hate each other. One, Lacy, is a gray Maine Coon cat and the other one, Stitch, is calico cat who weights about 3 times the amount she should. She is one BIG cat. 

Living in Salem, with two cats is something I had never thought I would be doing, especially a year ago. One year from this month I starting working part time at the Y, and living in Maine. If someone had told me that in a year I would be working with adults with developmental disabilities and living in Salem, I wouldn't have believed it. I am so happy with my life right now. 

I am trying to work on my photography and building my portfolio so that I may at some point in my life do photography as a part time job or something. There is nothing I love more than taking photo of God's creation, both people and nature. It is like freezing a moment in time that will last forever.

My life has been very busy this year and continues to surprise me all the time. I have moved 5 times in the past year (not planning on moving a while), went to 5 wedding in the past year, plus another 5 this coming year. Friends having babies, friends getting engaged, new jobs, new apartments, and new friends. This has been a very eventful life so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment